Ever wondered how we get our Lemon Ricotta Pankcakes so fluffy? Well, we're sharing our secret...it's all in the whisk!
We hope you enjoy every last bite.
Yields 15 Pancakes
◦ ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
◦ 1 Tsp Baking Powder
◦ 4 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
◦ 2 Eggs, Separated
◦ ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
◦ ½ Cup Whole Milk
◦ 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
◦ 1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
◦ 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
◦ 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
◦ 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
◦ Whipped Cream
◦ Fresh Blueberries
◦ Maple Syrup
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg
yolks, kosher salt, whole milk, ricotta cheese, vanilla bean
paste, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
3. Set both bowls aside and in a separate medium mixing bowl,
whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed.
4. Whisk the flour mixture into the ricotta cheese mixture
5. Gently fold the whisked egg whites into the flour and
cheese mixture until incorporated – do not over fold.
6. Place the canola oil on a 400˚ griddle.
7. Scoop the batter onto the griddle.
8. When the batter begins to bubble and the bottom has turned
a golden brown, flip the pancake over.
9. Continue to cook until golden brown.
Serve with whipped cream, blueberries and maple syrup. Enjoy!
We invite you to brunch with us at Maggiano’s Little Italy. We also invite you to join our E-club, follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more chef tips, recipes and ideas.