It’s that time of year again - time to pack up your white pants, pack countless lunches, and prepare for the onset of autumn. Why not throw one last memorable event to commemorate the end of summer? There’s no better time than Labor Day weekend to gather with family and friends and give summer a proper send-off. Maggiano's Memorable Events End of Summer Soiree Here are some tips for throwing the perfect end of summer soirée.
Creating the Scene
- Take advantage of the final days of summer and host your party outside. Chose colors that compliment seasonal tones: vine-ripened tomato red, sunset orange, and summer squash yellow.
- Stock up on plenty of ice- even more than you think you’ll need! While you may be celebrating the end of summer, it’s most likely going to be hot.
- Ward away pesky mosquitoes with citronella candles, torches, and coils.
- Create a playlist mixing current summer hits with old classics and let the music set the stage.
- Bruschetta Bar – Toast an oil-rubbed baguette on the grill and chop up some of your favorite toppings for guest to create their own masterpiece. Get creative and offer everything from watermelon, feta, and mint to classic tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Of course, don’t forget the balsamic vinegar!
- Corn with Chili Lime Butter – Accenting corn with a zesty, acidic butter makes for a tasty and memorable side dish honoring one of summer’s best gifts...corn!
- Flank Steak with Balsamic Barbecue Sauce - Brown sugar, chipotle chiles, and balsamic vinegar combine to transform a typical flank steak into a party-worthy entrée.
- The Sicilian - Quench your guests’ thirst with an Italian twist on the classic margarita, and have everyone singing a sweet (and tart!) summer tune.
We invite you to the warm atmosphere at Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next meal or special occasion. Join our E-club, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more chef tips, recipes and ideas.