Ever wondered how we get our Lemon Ricotta Pankcakes so fluffy? Well, we're sharing our secret...it's all in the whisk!
We hope you enjoy every last bite.
Yields about 4 standard size pancakes
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs, Separated
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh Blueberries
- Maple Syrup
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, kosher salt, whole milk, ricotta cheese, vanilla bean paste, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Set both bowls aside and in a separate medium mixing bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed.
- Whisk the flour mixture into the ricotta cheese mixture until incorporated.
- Gently fold the whisked egg whites into the flour and cheese mixture until incorporated – do not over fold.
- Place the canola oil on a 400˚ griddle.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the griddle.
- When the batter begins to bubble and the bottom has turned a golden brown, flip the pancake over.
- Continue to cook until golden brown.
Serve with whipped cream, blueberries and maple syrup. Enjoy!