Other than good friends and food and wine you love, there is more to hosting a fun and relaxed dinner gathering in your home. The best part is that these tips to host a dinner party are simple and will come naturally to even the newest party planner:
1. Be relaxed. A calm, collected and gracious host is the best way to create a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere. After all, your guests’ overall experience starts and ends with you. Prepare meals ahead of time and give yourself time to prepare before everyone arrives.
2. Pay attention to lighting. Dim the lights, invest in some inexpensive candles, or bring in warm colors to set the mood.
3. Speaking of bringing in warmth, opt for fabric napkins. In addition to it being eco-friendly, it definitely takes your dinner party up a notch.
4. Turn up the music. Go for something that won’t compete with your conversations like jazz or classical. You can even create your own playlist. We like the Frank Sinatra station on Pandora.
5. Whether your entertaining style is simple, quirky or chic, these centerpiece ideas should help set the tone for your occasion: Centerpieces for Every Occasion.
6. As you may have gathered, our style is family style. For a feast for all, here are some great tips to go by: Family Style Entertaining.
7. Backdrops are one of the favorite event trends of the year and if you’re hosting an occasion where there’s a camera, take a look at these Beautiful Backdrops.
8. Take things outdoors! It can be a little toasty this time of year, so take precautions with these tips to enjoy Outdoor Party Season.
9. Still want to enjoy dinner, but in cooler temps? The menu and ideas from our End of Summer Soirée blog post should help everyone say goodbye to summer in the most fun and delicious way.
10. We fell in love with this Italian Polenta Supper Party menu from thekitchn.com. We hope you enjoy!
Are you planning to host a dinner party or are you already the host with the most? Tell us what makes your event the perfect one. We invite you to the warm atmosphere at Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next meal or special occasion. We also invite you to join our E-club, follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more chef tips, recipes and ideas.