To some, it’s just bread. To us, our freshly baked ciabatta rolls are a delicious, crispy yet soft blank canvas. These are our top five ways to eat ciabatta.
photo credit: Jeff Klee
1. Olive oil’s best friend – a lot of us here at Maggiano’ love our ciabatta with olive oil. Most of us even add a little balsamic, a healthy shake of parmesan and fresh ground black pepper. It’s delightful…take our word for it. That’s just how we roll.
2. The sauce sponge – did you know that ciabatta's super power is its ability to soak up sauce and be dipped or dunked without falling apart? It’s perfect with our soups and dishes like Stuffed Chicken Florentine with the Truffle Cream Sauce. If you haven’t tried it with our Steamed Mussels appetizer, you are in for a treat.
3. Go classic – there’s nothing more classic than bread and butter. Our butter even says “butter” on each pat.
4. No need for crackers here – when you have ciabatta, you can slice it thin and layer on the prosciutto, mozzarella, olive tapenade, roasted red peppers, or just about anything you love in a bite-sized indulgence.
5. Broo-sket-ah – how could we forget bruschetta?! These recipes will make you glad that this is one of our favorite ways to enjoy ciabatta. We invite you to the warm atmosphere at Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next meal or special occasion. We also invite you to like us on Facebook – for every new “like” we will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish® through July 2nd, 2014, up to $25,000! Join our E-club, follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more chef tips, recipes and ideas.